Job Posting: UW-Eau Claire
Instructor of English as a Second Language (ESL) at UW-Eau Claire
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire ESL program anticipates having at least one opening in the ESL program for the Fall 2013 semester and beyond and is currently creating a pool of applicants. A qualified applicant would have at least one year’s teaching experience in an intensive English program, teaching different skills and ability levels and creating and administering assessments. Responsibilities include teaching and testing, regular section meetings, and possibly some co-curricular activities. Compensation depends on experience and includes benefits if hired at 60% time or greater.
- Education: M.A. required in TESOL, TESL or TEFL or related field
- Experience: one year teaching in a University IEP or in ESL/EFL in higher education
- Experience working effectively in a team of educators
Include with your application:
- Cover letter expressing interest specifying qualifications and experience
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- Names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three references who can specifically comment upon your teaching ability, experience, and professional preparation.
The above documents must be submitted electronically . Review of applications begins immediately (July 15, 2013).
Send all materials labeled “ESL c/o Foreign Languages” to Caitlin Lee in the Affirmative Action office at UWEC at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the coordinator of the ESL program, Linda Carlson, at email@example.com with any questions.