WITESOL Writing and Art Contest
2018 – 2019 Theme: Beautiful Wisconsin
Wisconsin English learners of all levels and ages can explore this theme with an essay, a poem or art. Creations can be about anything students find beautiful in Wisconsin. Students might write or create art about a special animal, wildflower, plant or tree native to Wisconsin. Students might want to feature lakes or parks they have visited in Wisconsin. There are many possibilities with this theme!
WITESOL will be accepting submissions from December 15, 2018 until February 10, 2019. Any Wisconsin teacher who is a WITESOL member and has students who are English learners can enter up to 3 entries per category and age group. Student work from the 2018 – 2019 school year is eligible.
New This Year:
- Contest Tool Kit with prompts and ways to showcase contest entries for teachers
- Participation Certificates for all students who participate
- Certificates from the WITESOL President for all participating teachers
Teachers can feel free to use these questions to help generate writing and art entries for our WITESOL Contest Theme.
- Where is the most beautiful nature in your town?
- Where is the most beautiful nature in Wisconsin?
- What are some animals, plants, and trees that are native to Wisconsin? What makes them beautiful?
For more information and to see winning entries from last year’s contest, please visit our website at http://witesol.com/contests-and-awards/contests/
Any WITESOL member interested in judging or helping with the committee can contact Brianna Deering at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A total of 15 prizes will be awarded for writing:
5 prizes of $50 each (one first prize for each level)
5 prizes of $30 each (one second prize for each level)
5 prizes of $20 each (one third prize for each level)
A total of 6 prizes will be awarded for art:
1 prize of $50 (grand prize winner)
5 prizes of $30 each (one prize for each level)